My Lovely Followers

Saturday 14 May 2016

Spring Blooms at Lavinia

I made this tag for the present challenge over on Lavinia Stamps where the theme is 'Spring Blooms".
For the background I pressed 3 Distress Ink pads onto my craft mat, spritzed with water then places the tag onto it, lifting and repeating till I was happy with the effect, think this is called 'smooshoing'.  Colours used were Mustard Seed, Mowed Lawn and Spiced Marmalade.  Once this was try, I stamped the flowers with Versfine and coloured them with Mowed Lawn and Ripe Persimmon DI's.  I also sponged some Ripe Persimmon around the edges, then added the pearl dots round the flowers using a Pearl wand by Pinflair, which are available in my online shop, Opal Crafts.  I've tried another brand of these pearls but I find I get a rounder finish with the Pinflair ones.  Finished of with an organza ribbon bow.
Thanks for looking.
xx

No comments: